Every one of us has a perspective on internet marketing that is the result of our experience, and that perspective is valuable. Moz is now accepting community speaker pitches for MozCon 2015, which means your online marketing experience could be the perspective they are looking for to round out the presentation.
Details & Deadline
- Talks must be about online marketing and are only 15 minutes in length.
- Submissions close on Sunday, April 12 at 5pm PDT.
- Final decisions are final and will be made in late April.
- All presentations must adhere to the MozCon Code of Conduct.
- You must attend MozCon in person, July 13-15 in Seattle.
- To submit, use the link in the opening paragraph.
It may seem like a scary thing to do, but the gang at Moz promises to help their six community speakers get their presentations polished. It sure would give you exposure. If you have something to share, this is a great way to do it.
The Reason We Need Community Speakers Everywhere
The big conventions are not the only places input is valued. There is real benefit in getting input from a variety of sources because this expands your understanding of the community. When we stop listening to each other, we stop being effective. I’m not saying that decisions have to be tabled until everyone agrees, but true leaders understand the impact their decisions will have on those who disagree.
Even if you don’t make it to something like MozCon, there is a group that could benefit from your involvement. It’s easy for online marketers to become isolated, and that isolation can keep you from seeing valuable marketing insight. Speaking and training involvement is valuable for both sides of the podium.