As the 2014 year wraps up, the predictions and lists for 2015 are starting to roll out. Just like all New Year’s Resolutions, there are some good ideas that everybody agrees they should do. The challenge is doing what you planned, right? B2C has a good look at SEO in 2015: the 5 Essential Elements of a Successful Strategy by Keely McGroarty, and I think some of these should make it on to your list next year:
- Responsive design — because mobile is only going to be more prevalent in the future
- Streamlined URLs — because it makes sense to write the URL the way people or search engines think
- Videos — because YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world
- Social media — because your customers can connect immediately
- Content — because that’s what we are looking for when we go online
What Is On Your SEO List?
Now is the natural time to be thinking about starting again, and there are a lot of predictions rolling around us because that’s what people do when the calendar changes. But the ironic thing about the next few weeks will be the number of resolutions that fail. If you are thinking of adding a strategy to your SEO list, make sure you understand why you want it there and have a plan for making it happen. Take responsive design, for instance. A mobile-responsive website is probably what I would put at the top of anybody’s list for SEO strategies because it is how many people are finding businesses online. If your site isn’t working on a small screen, your users will stop using your business. I would also add getting to know your customers because there isn’t much return on investing in a message that they don’t have any interest in. What is on your SEO list for 2015?