I like this change. It makes posting in groups a LOT easier and more fun.
To summarize, LinkeIn users now will see a list of the groups they are a part of right at the top of the page. And you’ll see at an eye’s glance which groups have new conversations. But the feature I like is the new conversation starter on the Groups landing page at LinkedIn. In effect, you no longer have to go to the group page to start a conversation. You can do it right from your Interests page.
Follow these steps to start a conversation in any of your LinkedIn groups:
- At the top of your home page, you’ll see a black bar running across with a navigation menu. Click on Interests and scroll down to Groups. Click on Groups.
- Look for the “Enter a discussion topic” box
- Type a title for your new discussion topic (150 characters or less)
- Type your message into the text box below your topic header
- Choose a group from the drop down box of the groups you have joined
- Select a discussion type
- Click the Share button
That’s pretty simple. I can’t image it ever being simpler.
If you don’t see the new LinkedIn Groups landing page yet, stay tuned. You should see it shortly.