LinkedIn has become one of the most popular social media networks. But, like any other network, if you don’t work it, then you can’t expect to get anything out of it. So how do you work LinkedIn to get more leads?
Here are 5 of the most important things to do today on LinkedIn to help you get more business leads.
- Complete your profile – This is a no-brainer. Start with making sure your profile is complete. If you have an incomplete profile, people will notice and you’ll find it difficult to get more leads.
- Join and participate in groups – Join groups where members of your target market might be hanging out. If you are a freelance writer, don’t just go to writing groups where you’re more likely to encounter other writers. Instead, join groups whose members are likely to hire writers. This is a particularly useful strategy if you specialize in a niche.
- Optimize your profile for search – LinkedIn profiles will appear in Google and Bing search results, so make sure you optimize them for the proper keywords.
- Create a business page – LinkedIn now allows businesses an opportunity to reach their target audiences with a business page. This is a great tool for you to use for your business in lead generation. Don’t pass on it.
- Update your status daily – Don’t forget to update your status on a regular basis. You don’t have to sit in front of your computer all day long every day. Just update your status two to three times daily with something meaningful and valuable.
LinkedIn is a social network for businesses. You’ll get more out of it if you are active.