Increasing traffic to your blog is probably one of the most important things you should work on this year. Here are 10 uncanny ways to drive more traffic to your blog.
- Take posts from your blog and expand on them for an e-book. Create an e-book and self-publish it on the Kindle, ePub, and iBook formats. Sell it on Amazon.com. Use your blog and guest blog posts to promote your book.
- Create a slideshow presentation on video and submit it to YouTube. Keep it short, but at the end you can include the URL to your website.
- Create a string of memes and share them on social media.
- E-mail your friends and ask them to invite their friends to read your blog.
- Write a controversial post and send the link to the top influencers in your niche.
- Sponsor a contest and offer to give away a product or service to the winner.
- Take several of your most popular blog posts, convert them into a PDF file and distribute it through Scribd and Issuu.
- Answer questions on Quora.
- Host a free Webinar to discuss a topic of essential interest to your target audience.
- Take original photos related to your niche and post them to Flickr. Use a Creative Commons license that requires people to link back to your website if they use the images.
There are a ton of ways to attract more traffic to your blog. Usually, if you create more links to your blog, then you’ll get more traffic.