Your content may be good, but is it outstanding? Would you know the difference?
If you want your content to stand above the crowd, you have to give it the qualities and features of outstanding content. Anything less is selling your audience (and you) short. Here are 7 ways you can be sure to produce outstanding content every time.
- Make it original – Nothing is better than original, unique content. Don’t plagiarize, and don’t use rehashed articles that have circulated the Internet for years.
- Write awesome headlines – Your headlines should strive to attract people’s attention. Write great headlines and people will read what you write.
- Identify it with your brand – You have your own personal style. Your company has a style. Play it up. Write content that people will recognize as your own.
- Go for quality, not quantity – Five great articles are better than 100 lousy ones or 50 mediocre ones. Make sure everything you write is high quality content.
- Be honest – Honesty is always the best policy. Quit pretending to be something you’re not. Be transparent instead.
- Share it on social media – When you write something that you are proud of, share it everywhere you can. Get it out there so others can experience it as well.
- Think beyond the ordinary – To be extraordinary, you have to go beyond the ordinary. Get past the obvious and start discussing the details that ordinary people miss. There’s no better way to be outstanding.
Your content is either going to be run-of-the-mill or it’s going to be outstanding, extraordinary, and awesome. Infuse everything you do with these seven principles and you’ll achieve beyond the ordinary levels of satisfaction.