Content marketing is a necessity in today’s business climate. Small businesses can get with the program or miss out on opportunities. But you don’t need a huge budget to be successful marketing online. You can get by with some drive and a little bit of creativity.
Matthew Barby shared some good ideas for content for small businesses. It can all be summed up by saying that anything related to your business is content.
Here are a few of the more interesting ideas on content that he shares:
- Get your staff to interact with customers through social media.
- Hold meetups with members of the community to share your ideas on niche topics in your industry and to showcase your employees’ knowledge.
- Run a live feed of your office staff throughout the day.
- Have product giveaway contests that require sharing through social media.
- Place QR codes at the bottom of your receipts.
- Create a mascot for your business and give it a back story.
- Host a live Google Hangout for your customers and get their feedback on your products and services.
These are just a few creative content ideas for small businesses. There are plenty of other things you can do, as well. The bottom line, though, is this: Think up ways you can get your customers and staff to spread the word about your business. Think up ways to use your business assets to create more content for your marketing efforts.