There’s no doubt about it, the world is increasingly more mobile. When you consider that more than half of all cell phone users are using smartphones and that more than 90% of American adults have mobile phones, then you can begin to understand how important mobile marketing is. To top it off, it is expected that smartphone usage will increase tremendously over the next year.
The question for small business owners is, How can you improve your mobile marketing efforts to make your mobile messages more responsive? Here are 5 ways I suggest you can do just that.
- Create smaller and simpler messages. People don’t want to scroll through endless text on their cell phones. Short messages are preferable.
- Use images. Articles containing images have 94% more views than text-only messages.
- Leverage search. Especially local search if you are a local business catering to clientele within your geographic area. That means you should tap into apps and services like Yelp, SuperPages, and other local directories. Plus, be sure to claim your Google Places and Bing Local listings.
- Make your newsletter more mobile-friendly. People read their e-mails now on their mobile phones. It would be in your best interest to make them mobile-friendly.
- Test your messages. Before you send out your mobile messages, test them on yourself and your staff. If something doesn’t look right, you can catch it before your customers and potential customers see it.
Mobile marketing is here. The opportunities are only getting better. Do everything you can to make your mobile marketing more effective.