People are emotional creatures. Salespeople know this. That’s why they understand that people make buying decisions emotionally and justify them logically. The same can be said of sharing content on social media sites. The key is to appeal to people’s emotions. Here are 5 ways you can do that with your content no matter what niche you are in.
- Show that you care – The most basic way to appeal to your audience’s emotions is to show them that you care. Let them know that you care about their concerns, their needs, their desires. When people feel that you care, they are more likely to share your content.
- Make them laugh – Laughter is great medicine. It’s also a great way to connect to your audience. If you get people laughing, they will remember you. And they will share your content with their friends.
- Be nostalgic – People love to remember the good old days. Those days are usually when they are young adults, free from the control of their parents, in the world alone and single, with little responsibility and extra money to spend on having fun. Remind them how great those days were.
- Be human – Give people a reason to like you. Let your personality shine through.
- Take up a cause – People like to support good causes. Whether it be literacy, breast cancer, or starving children in Africa, if you take up a good cause, then you will get other people who care about that cause on your side.
There are a lot of ways to make your content more shareable. I’ve presented five of them. These are all powerful ways to connect with your audience. What else can you think of?