Google announced last week that several improvements were rolled out to the Google+ platform. Many of the improvements have to do with Android, Events, and mobile phones.
Here are a few of the improvements that Google+ announced:
- On-the-go profile editing
- An easier way to author content on mobile platforms
- A notice when a mobile user has new stuff to read
- Mobile notifications from your favorite Google+ circles
- Better interaction with Google+ Communities for the mobile phone and tablet
- Full-size backup of photos for Android devices, including a standard-size photo option
- 360-degree photo panoramas for Android 4.2
- Inline photos for iOS
- An iPhone app that allows pan-zoom-scale in your photo stream
- See who has responded to your Event invitations
- Low-bandwidth options for Google+ Hangouts
- Easier duplication of Events
- Upgrades to Google+ Hangouts On Air
- Longer snippets for iOS
- Animated GIFs for Android
- Birthday reminders in Google Now for Android
- and a lock screen widget for the Android
Google+ is constantly being improved. I think it’s just a matter of time before Google+ goes mainstream, and even if it doesn’t there are enough people using Google+ now to make it worthwhile for many small businesses.
If you are looking for better mobile marketing opportunities, try Google+. If it doesn’t work out for you, you’ve lost nothing but a little bit of time.