I’ve discussed Facebook brand pages often enough that I think you know how important it is to have one, but did you know you can optimize it for search? It’s true. And there is no better time than now for learning how to do it.
Here are 5 ways you can optimize your Facebook brand page for search.
- Brand page name and title – What do you call your page? Give it a name, preferably one that coincides with your brand and/or that uses your primary keyword. That branded page name will also serve as your keyword title.
- Get a brand page URL – After you’ve acquired 25 likes you can get a branded page URL. Again, choose an URL with your brand name or keyword in it.
- Localize your SEO efforts – For local businesses, you can increase your local search visibility by including your phone number and address on your brand page. Most businesses don’t do this, but it can increase your search visibility locally.
- Create social media backlinks – Create backlinks to your branded Facebook page from your blog, your LinkedIn account, and other community profile pages. Even from your Google+ profile.
- Optimize your status updates – Did you know your first 18 characters serve as a meta description? That’s a good reason to include keywords at the front of your status updates. This will increase the search visibility of each status update and your brand page overall.
Don’t just set up a Facebook brand page. Spend a little extra time optimizing it for search.