Facebook has launched another service that allows Facebook users to share their stories with the world in a more meaningful way. It’s called Facebook Stories. But can it be used for business?
I don’t see why not.
The big green submit button in the middle is an invitation for people to submit their stories about how they are using Facebook. If the editors like your story, they could use it on the website. But how can businesses take advantage of this opportunity?
First, let me point out that simply submitting your story is no guarantee that it will be accepted. But it’s also no guarantee that it won’t be. Since you have nothing to lose by creating a submission, it’s worth a try. So get creative, think outside of the box, and see what happens. That said, here are a few ideas for businesses:
- Tell the story of how you launched your business using Facebook.
- Explain how you use Facebook for prospecting and reaching out to new customers.
- Have a customer tell how she found your business through Facebook and met her greatest need. Facebook Stories is a wonderful opportunity for testimonials.
- Show a video of a representative from your company engaging in a charitable act that changes someone’s life.
- Got a special employee you want to recognize? Write to Facebook Stories and tell how your employee has made your business more profitable, more customer-focused, or a bigger asset to your community.
There are many ways you can use Facebook Stories to highlight your business. Think of it as like the features section of your local newspaper. It could be a way to make social networking more humanly interesting.