You can’t escape the content marketing craze. If you are marketing online, then you are engaging in content marketing. But how do you go about it? There are some recognized best practices with regard to content marketing. Today I’m going to share 5 of those best practices. So here they are.
- Keep it simple – Content doesn’t have to be “heady.” It’s best to keep it simple. You’ll appeal to a broader audience by leaving out the million dollar words and just speaking conversationally to your audience.
- Do your research up front – Gather up your resources for multiple articles on the same topic. For instance, if you are writing about auto tune ups, gather up all the resources you’ll need to discuss that topic. You can probably write at least a dozen articles on that topic without repeating yourself. Do the research first. It will save you time.
- Vary your content – Use text-based content, infographics, images, videos, podcasts, etc. Don’t just stick to one type of content. Also, write about a lot of different topics. Make your content appeal to as broad an audience as possible.
- Be bold – Don’t be timid on your blog. Your content needs to cut through a lot of noise to make a big impact. Make your content shine by putting your personality and passion into it.
- Share – Share everything. Your content won’t get read if you don’t push it out to your social media outposts. Don’t just write your content and leave it sitting.
Content marketing is the way of the world right now. That won’t change. It’s best to learn the best practices before you dive in.