Don’t sweat it if you have been marketing yourself online and not been using Twitter. There are good solid reasons to use Twitter for marketing and it’s never too late to get started.
Here are 5 solid reasons to include Twitter in your online marketing efforts.
- Twitter now uses autocomplete. This is a search feature, so what does it have to do with marketing? If you’re looking for topics to blog about, the autocomplete feature can save you a lot of money.
- Search for people you follow. Here’s another new feature that Twitter offers. If you know that certain customers are on Twitter and they’re following you. Search them out and send them a discount or other “Twitter-only” offer.
- Write a blog post and post it on Twitter. This is an old-fashioned way to use Twitter, but it still works like a charm. Post links to your blog posts on Twitter with a teaser headline.
- Hashtags. Hashtags can be used to promote your posts on a particular topic or to find posts on a particular topic that you can use in the course of your blogging.
- Build relationships. Twitter allows you to build instant relationships with people. Get to know them. Retweet their messages and reply to them. Start a conversation. If you relax and use Twitter as a social networking tool, you’ll reap the benefits a hundredfold.