Blogging, more than any other kind of marketing, is multi-dimensional. In fact, I’ve identified 5 key dimensions of your blog and they have all equal value. When you blog you should keep each of these 5 dimensions in mind.
Here they are, the 5 dimensions of blogging:
- Search engine optimization – Every blog post is a separate web page. Since search engines rank web pages, if you blog every day for a year and each blog post is optimized for 3 key phrases, then you’ll have 1,095 potential No. 1 rankings for your blog alone. And that’s not counting the benefits you get from internal link building, photo and image optimization, video embeds, etc.
- Social media – Your blog is a conversation. That conversation starts off site at places like LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter. Savvy marketers figure out how to get the conversation from these social media outlets to their blog.
- Branding – The best bloggers create a brand. Your brand is your message. Speak it loudly, speak it boldly, and make it memorable.
- Customer Service – Customer service begins at first contact. For many marketers, that first contact is through a blog. Build your customers one conversational piece at a time. Readers become customers, customers become evangelists.
- Reputation Management – Your reputation is everything. By keeping your blog posts focused on your core competence and mission, and because you promote your message through the various social media outlets, every time you present yourself in some corner of the Internet you build your reputation. Do it one step at a time.
Blogging is multi-dimensional Internet marketing. Create a strategy and stick with it. You’ll be glad you did.