When conducting Internet marketing, there are certain things you can do to show your customers that you really care about them as a person. Whether you use e-mail, social media, or other channels for your online marketing, you can show customers that they are more than just a number. Show that you respect them as individuals. Here are 5 ways you can show your customers that you care.
- Personalize your e-mail messages – When you send out your e-mail newsletter or even a special e-mail for a particular promotion, make sure it is personalized to each individual on your subscriber list. Believe me, readers notice.
- Retweet their tweets – It’s nice that you follow your followers back on Twitter, but do you retweet their tweets? And do you respond to their direct messages? You should.
- Like their comments on your Facebook wall – When your customers comment on your Facebook status, do you “Like” their comments? It’s a very simple way to show you are listening.
- Respond to their comments on your blog – Respond to comments. That includes on your blog, on your Facebook wall, and even on Twitter. Wherever your customers interact with you, talk back.
- Send them a personal invite – When you join a new social network, do you send out personal invites?
All 5 of these very simple tasks can do wonders to show your customers, fans, and followers that you really care. How many are you doing?