When it comes to building an online Web business, or putting together a Web marketing plan for your off line business, it isn’t difficult. It takes time and money, both of which you have in limited quantities. But you can take what you have and build a solid Web marketing plan. Here is a template you can follow – a 5-point template that works for any business.
- Your website – Your website is the hub of your online business. Make it look good, fill it with great content, and make it user friendly.
- Start a blog – Let’s face it, you can’t really run a Web business today without a blog. It’s a proven fact that updated websites get better search engine traffic than static websites. So build a website and add a blog.
- Develop a social media presence – It doesn’t matter where you spend your social media time except that you go where your target customer is. Choose a few places that are easy to manage and spend a few minutes each day monitoring and engaging through social media.
- Write some articles – Article marketing used to be about mass submission. Today it’s more about putting out unique content with a few content partners. Not only can it build your reputation, but you can build links to your web properties as well.
- Provide great customer service – You can do all other things right and still fail online if you don’t provide good customer service. You do want your customers coming back, don’t you?
There’s your 5-point plan for online marketing. It works no matter what business you are in.