SEO is not a difficult task if you know what you are doing. Many small business owners shudder at the thought of it, but you don’t have to. I’ve discovered 5 quick and easy ways to improve the SEO of any web page you own in under 5 minutes. Here they are.
- Write a unique title tag – Every page on your website should have a unique title tag that uses the primary keyword for that page.
- Compose a unique meta description – In 150 words or less, describe or summarize the contents of your page using your primary keyword and, if possible, a secondary keyword.
- Grab attention with a dynamic headline – Write an attention-grabbing headline in 70 characters or less that utilizes the primary keyword for that page.
- Social bookmark your pages – Social bookmarking can often be a great source of links. You can get direct links by bookmarking to do-follow websites or get indirect links by producing great content that others share and link to in their own blog posts.
- Create an internal link – Pick a keyword phrase on one page that matches the primary keyword phrase on another page and create an internal link between them. Make sure the link points to the page that is optimized for that keyword phrase and not vice-versa.
Each of these SEO tips can be performed in less than 5 minutes and they can each improve your website’s SEO tremendously.