Article marketing is generally thought of as something that takes place off of your website whereas blogging is generally something thought of as something that takes place on your website. However, you can publish articles on your website and you can blog apart from your website.
However you look at it, both forms of marketing can fit nicely into what we call “content marketing.” Here are 5 things blogging and article marketing have in commong:
- High quality content is very important. If you are going to publish articles that promote your website and drive traffic back to your website, then you want that content to be the highest quality possible. The same is true of onsite content designed to gain search engine rankings.
- Speaking of traffic, they both have the potential to deliver high quality targeted traffic to your website.
- Consistency is key, both with article marketing and with blogging.
- Both article marketing and blogging have the potential to affect your reputation online in both the short term and the long term and for better or for worse.
- As with any type of content marketing, articles and blogs both have huge SEO and social media benefits. Be diligent in your efforts and it could pay off big time.
Forget the hype and just focus on the benefits – both for article marketing and blogs.