It used to be that Facebook fan pages weren’t allowed to interact with other pages or with Facebook profile walls. Now, that’s no longer the case. You can interact with others on Facebook as your branded Facebook page. This is a great opportunity for brands that are using Facebook for marketing.
The downside is it will likely lead to more page spam, but that downside notwithstanding, the positives are a lot better.
Here is a summary of the recent changes Facebook made to its page layout features:
- An upgraded navigation bar (on the left side of the page)
- Ability to upload five photos that appear at the top of the page, which can be used for creative page layouts
- Ability to interact with page followers as yourself or as the page Admin
- Ability to Like other pages as a branded Facebook page, and also to comment on other pages
- The ability to browse Facebook as a page
These changes give brands on Facebook a lot more flexibility and can lead to some creative marketing efforts.
In the past, Facebook has been reluctant to allow brands to browse Facebook and interact with Facebook pages as brands. You had to do that through your Facebook personal profile. But that didn’t do much for getting people to visit your pages. You had to actively promote those pages. Now, you can interact on Facebook as your page, which puts your page front and center. Can you say “Pages Ahoy!?”