If you’ve noticed that your competition has passed you in the search results pages and you know that you have a superior product or service, what can you do? Well, there are several things you can do right now to improve your SEO. In just a couple of weeks, you can improve your SEO tremendously.
Here are the top 5 ways to improve your SEO right now.
- Get Verified – All of the search engines have a process for verifying a website. This involves adding an XML Sitemap to your site, allowing your website to be more crawlable.
- Tailor Your Title/Meta Tags – If all of your Title and Meta tags are the same, then you’ve lost the SEO war. Tailor the tags on every page. That one thing alone could make the difference between a search ranking or two.
- Internal Linking Structure – This is one of the most important aspects of SEO. What is the anchor text on your internal links? Are you using title attributes? Fix your internal links before you go looking for inbound links.
- Inbound Link Building – Another thing you need to do is to seek out quality inbound links. This is one of the most talked about SEO tactics online, but one of the least understood. Build quality inbound links and you’ll have staying SEO power.
- Add Fresh Content – The only thing that keeps search engines coming back to your website again and again is fresh content. Update your site often and you’ll see the search engines more often.
Improve your SEO with these 5 strategies. They’re easy to implement, cost little, and can go a long way to making your site more crawlable and indexable.