If I were to ask you the most important e-commerce tool in your arsenal of online tools, what would you say? Would you say e-mail? PPC? SEO? Your website, or maybe social media? Actually, it’s none of those.
I’m talking to business owners who have an online store. Your shopping cart is the most important e-commerce tool you have because if you make checking out a frustrating process, many of your customers won’t come back. And a sizable number of them will not even finish the transaction before they amscray.
That’s why you should take special care to ensure that you have a positive e-commerce experience for every customer from beginning to the very end.
But how do you do that? Here are a few tips.
- Don’t make your customers become a member of your website before they’re allowed to shop. Trust me, they’ll never shop.
- Make the checkout process as simple as possible.
- Take credit cards.
- Offer every customer a chance to join your e-mail list and send them a note every time you have a sale or a discount.
- Upsale. Offer similar items with every purchase.
- If you have any doubts about how to set up an e-commerce store, spend a lot of time on Amazon.com. They have it down.
E-commerce is more than just selling stuff. It’s providing a positive experience to every user who interacts with your website.