What advantages does Yahoo! Answers have over Quora? Actually, a few:
- It has a lot more traffic going to it.
- Yahoo! Answers is one of the forerunners in the Q&A space so it has built up a reputation for being a place people can go to for answers on just about any topic.
- Answers provided by experts like you often show up high in the search results.
- Yahoo! Answers has more topics.
- It’s an older site so has earned more trust among questioners and askers alike.
I’m not saying Quora isn’t a good opportunity. It is. I’m not even saying that Yahoo! Answers is a better opportunity. In some ways it is and in some ways it isn’t. I am saying that it has a built-in reputation element to it with a lot of traffic that you can tap into. And you can use it to boost your reputation as an expert in your field.
If you are the type of person who likes to provide answers to others’ questions then try Yahoo! Answers.