Businesses that have operated in the traditional brick and mortar world are used to doing certain things like sending out press releases. But are press releases effective as online marketing tools? You bet they are.
In fact, press releases can even be more effective online. Here are some reasons why.
- Any links you gain from the press release to your website can serve to improve your website’s search engine rankings.
- Press releases may be picked up by online news sources and reprinted just as you wrote them and those links will help improve your website’s search engine rankings, not to mention drive new traffic to your website.
- A press release can capture the attention of sources you never would have thought about on your own, which can gain you new notoriety that you had not planned for.
- An online press release can incorporate moving images and other multimedia and graphical attention getters that traditional press releases cannot incorporate. These may include videos, podcasts and infographics.
- By submitting your press release online to several press release directories, you’ll increase your chances of getting the attention that you seek and deserve.
Online press releases can be very effective PR and marketing tools. I highly recommend that you use them and incorporate them into your online marketing plans.