If you are new to online marketing and new to social media marketing then you might be wondering just what the benefits are to marketing your business through social media channels. It’s a legitimate question. Here are 5 ways that marketing your small business through social media can benefit you.
- Increased Traffic – Social media can send you more traffic to your website. That’s not say you’ll automatically see an increase in sales, but if your website is optimized for conversions then you should see your sales go up as well. Using social media like Facebook pages, Twitter, social bookmarking and LinkIn can help you drive new traffic to your website and if it doesn’t increase your sales then you need to rewrite your sales pages.
- Establish New Relationships – You can often forge new relationships by engaging people through social media. Not only can you gain new clients for your business, but you’ll find that you’ve made new friends.
- Branding – Social media branding is a new method of online marketing that involves using the social media channels at your disposal to create and strengthen your brand.
- More Sales – Yes, many social media marketers have increased their sales through social media. You can too.
- Broader Reach – Through social media you can expand your company’s presence further and wider than you’ve ever imagined.
- Reputation Management – With social media you have greater control of your reputation online. You can monitor what other people are saying about you and your brand and respond much more quickly to potential problems. You can also control your talking points so that your audience knows what you stand for.
There are more benefits to social media marketing, but these 6 benefits are basic and within anyone’s reach. I highly recommend that you start using social media to market your small business today.