The title of this blog post can be read two different ways.
If you thought I was asking
Should you blog OR engage in article marketing?
Should you do either of these – blog or engage in article marketing?
then you’d be right.
The real question before marketers today is not whether you should engage in one form of marketing over another, but whether either form of marketing is effective and which are the most effective for your type of business. It’s not an easy question to answer.
Both blogging and article marketing have their benefits. Some people claim that article marketing is dead, but I don’t think so. I think it is dead if you don’t how to do it. But if you can take an article and put that article on the right website with a solid author’s resource box and a link back to a powerful sales page, you make that article pay. Effective article marketing does three things:
- It establishes you as an expert in your field.
- It builds link popularity to your website.
- It drives traffic to your most important landing pages.
Blogging, too, has its benefits. A blog on your company website should do the following three things well:
- Establish you as an expert in your field.
- Add fresh and unique well optimized content to your website on a daily basis.
- Pre-sell your products and services
The goal of every marketer is to determine what your biggest needs are in terms of your marketing and then perform the tasks that will most likely deliver those benefits.