Deloitte Services National Retail Foundation did a recent survey about social media and retail this holiday season … what they discovered:
• 47 percent of retailers plan to increase social media use for the holidays
• 75 percent of retailers will improve their Facebook pages
• 59 percent of retailers will boost Twitter use
• 60 percent of consumers will use social media to locate coupons and discounts
• 53 percent of consumers will research gift ideas through social media
And yesterday, I read this article that is all about Best Buy’s retail strategy – all about Tweets and Friends.
My question to you is … are you using social media for your business yet? And if not … why not?
I had a great time during my radio interview with Erika Lyremark of DAILY WHIP, and that show is live right now (or available for play-back at any time).
Erika, a results-oriented professional coach, says, “DAILY WHIP is about making a hardcore commitment to taking action to improve your career and your life. I have learned that there are two pains in life: One is the pain of regret; the other is the pain of self-discipline. It is up to you to choose your pain.”
This motto so speaks to my mission of helping small and mid-size business owners implement your social media strategy — as evidenced by the survey results and the article mentioned above, as your competitors jump on the social media bandwagon you are going to be faced with two choices – join the conversation happening online and watch your business thrive, or regret that you didn’t when you had the chance.
The time is now – Carpe diem!