Many online businesses have figured out that networking off line can be just as effective, or more so, than networking online. The advantage to networking off line is you get to meet people face to face and develop relationships in person. By that, you can establish trust a lot more easily. This is the perfect way for local businesses to network and secure more business. They’ve been doing it for years.
Some of the tools that you can use to do more off line networking for your online business include:
- Meetup – Start or join a local Meetup group. These groups can be centered on any topic and are usually run by a local person with an interest in your niche. If you don’t find a local Meetup group in your niche then start one.
- Tweetup – If you Twitter, start or join a Tweetup group. It’s like Meetup, but for Twitterers.
- Facebook – Facebook is an online social media marketing tool, but it does have a local networking function that allows you to meet people who are local to you. Use it to establish relationships then meet your friends off line for some real world local fun.
- Trade Shows – Just about every industry sponsors periodic trade shows. Find one in your area and attend.
- Chamber of Commerce – Join your local Chamber of Commerce.
- Charity or Civic Service Organization – Get involved in a local charity.
The idea behind meeting people of line in the real world and doing business with them online is to build trust. Develop relationships with people in your area. Use your imagination and find creative ways to develop relationships with people in your area and invite them to do business with you online.