Social media marketing has come of age. And many marketers are getting better and better at it. If you haven’t tried these social media strategies yet then today is the day to hop on the bandwagon and get busy.
- Twitter – You’ve likely heard of Twitter. It’s a great way to market your website if you can figure out how to develop relationships and share your knowledge through the world’s largest microblogging platform. This opportunity is just getting off the ground.
- YouTube – YouTube allows marketers an opportunity to set up a channel and start marketing. Start your own 15 or 30 minute video channel on YouTube and share your knowledge in multimedia format.
- Flickr – Many marketers overlook the value of a photo sharing stream. Really, you don’t even have to be a full-time professional photographer. Just share your favorite photos and develop relationships with like-minded marketers.
- Facebook – Facebook allows website owners the ability to build fan pages, which are highly optimized and appear in search results. You can also develop your own applications and get thousands of people to share them, leading others back to your websites.
- LinkedIn – LinkIn is a more controlled social media site than Facebook, but if you are in any type of professional business, the contacts you make there are invaluable. LinkedIn’s question and answer format is a great way to lead people back to you.
Social media is here to stay. If you look hard enough, you can find creative ways to get the word out about your products and services. It doesn’t have to cost a lot of money or time. So what are you waiting for?