Social networking is very important if you really want to get ahead these days. You see, the internet isn`t just an information source anymore, it`s an interactive place to meet people and learn from them. While there are certainly some bad apples out there, the basic premise of online networking is still a good one.
How can you boost your social networking skills? Here are a few ways.
- Take the time. Learn a new social networking system each month or every two months. It will really pay off.
- Get recommendations. Look at your existing networks. Where else do they tend to meet? For example, if your Facebook contacts are also on LinkedIn, check that out, as well.
- Add new people. Don`t be spammy, but adding two or three new contacts a day to your networks can be a good way to grow it.
- Broadcast your business. If you are social online, you can get away with the occasional self-promotion, so use it wisely and give people specifics as to why they should see your website.
- Set a schedule. It`s easy to put off a few minutes of social networking when you have a lot to do, so make sure it is in your schedule at least 3-4 times a week.
Make an effort to do more social networking and you`ll see rewards.