Podcasts are a handy way to connect with your clients or potential clients, but many small business owners arenÃ‚Â´t sure how about starting with podcasts. ItÃ‚Â´s really a great idea, though and one that visitors to your website will enjoy. In fact, many more people are likely to subscribe to a podcast than to a blog!
To make your podcasts even better, here are a few tips.
5 Podcast Tips
- Keep it short. While some podcasts of an hour do well, the majority of people simply donÃ‚Â´t have much time to listen to you, so keep your podcast below 30 min. to attract more listeners.
- Make it useful. No one wants to listen to chitchat on a regular basis, though there is certainly room for this in a business podcast. Offering information and tips that your listeners can use will keep them coming back.
- Speak clearly. If you are normally a fast talker, it might take some practice for you to get to the point where you can speak nice and clearly so everyone can understand you.
- Plan it out. You donÃ‚Â´t need an exact script, but having a plan for your podcasts is a good idea to keep you from getting drastically off track.
- Watch the noise level. If you are recording at home, make sure you find a quiet room to do so. Phones ringing, kids yelling and the TV blaring is not only distracting to you, it can lower the quality of the podcast.
Podcasts donÃ‚Â´t have to be very complicated. You can simply record a 15 minute one to your computer and put it up for your website visitors to listen to. As long as you keep it short and informative, with a good dose of your own personality, everything should go just fine.