Carl Ocab isn’t 13 years old any more. But he started his blog when he was 13. I think there are a few things we can all learn from this 13-year-old cum internet marketer. Just a few off the top of my head:
- Reward yourself – His latest post is about getting a new design for Christmas. He’s rewarding himself for his hard work. This is very important. When you reach an important milestone or have grown your business so far, reward yourself.
- Design is important – Carl’s latest post is also about getting a new design. In other words, Carl Ocab sees the importance of design for his website. Since I’ve been writing about design lately, this is a timely topic. If you are going to do business online, pay attention to design. It’s important.
- Patience and Persistence – Running a business takes time. If a 13-year-old can do it working part time then you can do it too. Between full-time school activities, homework, friends, and family life, a 13-year-old boy took the bull by the horns and made a huge business online. What’s your excuse?
- Dedication – You can’t commit part time. That doesn’t mean you can’t work part time. It just means you can’t be half hearted. Either do it or don’t. But don’t make excuses. Life’s too short and success won’t wait for you.
- Keep you chin up – It’s not all a bed of roses. But it isn’t nothing but thorns, either. You’re going to have it rough, but it’s well worth it to stick it out. Chase your dream.
- It isn’t all about the money – Carl Ocab’s blog is about making money online. But yours doesn’t have to be. And you don’t have to end up a millionaire to be successful. Many online entrepreneurs just churn out a decent living. You can too.
Your small business can migrate to doing business online and survive. You can put forth the effort and succeed. It all begins by thinking you can.