Updated February 4, 2017. If you do any business online, or if you are a small business owner in the 21st century, you should be familiar with basic online tools that will allow you to run your business, market your business, and interact with your customers. Here are 10 of the best online tools for doing all of the above.
- Freshbooks – A great service for sending invoices, tracking the time you spend on projects, and more. This will make your business more efficient and profitable.
- SurveyMonkey – SurveyMonkey is a great way to conduct market research by taking customer surveys.
- MailChimp – Manage your mailing list better with MailChimp. This service is free up to 2,000 subscribers. You can send electronic newsletters, periodical e-mail blasts, and manage your entire opt-in list.
- Yammer – Yammer is an internal communications tool. It’s the perfect tool if you have a small business operation that extends around the world, with key people in your organization placed in different location internationally.
- Carbonite – A great place to store data in the cloud. When you need to back up and secure your data, Carbonite is the place to go.
- Shopify – Shopify is a versatile e-commerce solution that allows you to sell your merchandise from your own website. You can also set up a Facebook store with Shopify.
- Google Analytics – Google Analytics is free and allows you to track key metrics on your website. You can manipulate the data any you way you like, including setting up goals and analyzing how effective you are at reaching them.
- Hootsuite – If you do a lot of social media posting, Hootsuite will make it more efficient for you by allowing you to post to all of your accounts from one dashboard.
- Google Calendar – There are a ton of online calendars to choose from, but Google Calendar can be integrated into Gmail and your other Google services.
- Skype – When you need to make international calls, use Skype. It’s free if you call Skype to Skype and you’ll save yourself a bundle on long distance charges. This is even a great tool for domestic communications.
All of these business tools are designed to make running your business online better and more efficiently. Even if you have a bricks-and-mortar store, if you are doing any business online, these tools will make it easier and more profitable.