Over the past week there have been plenty of predictions for 2011. Every online marketer every year spends the last week of the year predicting what to expect from the coming year. Most of them are wrong.
So, that makes me ask the question: Are all these 2011 predictions really necessary? Do you need them?
Probably not. But I’ve got a few of my own.
- The Internet will continue to exist in 2011.
- Google will still be the No. 1 search engine throughout 2011.
- Online marketers will continue to talk about Facebook and Twitter in 2011.
- California will make it illegal to impersonate people online. Oh, wait, that’s already happened!
- More small businesses will begin marketing themselves online.
- People will continue to use their mobile phones and access the Internet using them.
- Search engine optimization will still be difficult, but necessary.
- There will be some important business mergers this year.
- 2011 will have 365 days in it.
- At the end of the year, online marketers will make predictions about 2012.
You would have thought that online and offline marketing would have merged already, but they haven’t. So does that mean they’ll do that in 2011? We’ll just have to wait and see. Meanwhile, let’s get back to work. There’s plenty of it that needs to be done.